Thursday 10 September 2015

Thank goodness for charity shop books

Yes, the summer holidays are well and truly underway and the kids are off, I’m sure I’m not the only mum thinking what on earth am I going to do to keep the little loves busy?
Our town is great for activities for kids, the library reading challenge is always a favourite, we often spend a day in town having a wander round the charity shops maybe a quick trip to Weightwatchers (depending on how much wine I’ve had to drink at the weekend) and then head to the library to borrow some books and take part in the reading challenge.
I love borrowing books, the library has a great range and there is something really nice about being part of a library. I do like to own books too, we have a great big bookcase full of favourites, mine are Patricia Cornwell and Gray’s are football autobiographies – never to be read again.Our two kids do like reading and this summer my son has really got into The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and loves a bit of Roald Dahl.  We went for a mooch around the charity shops to find some books to keep him occupied and low and behold in The British Heart Foundation there was loads to chose from all for £1.35 each,I was delighted! I also go some nice books for Amber to take on holiday so a total of 9 books for £17!
I often buy my holiday books from charity shops and the British Heart Foundation is perfect for this. They have such a great range of chick lit to keep me entertained for those long quiet days whilst the kids play nicely together and the sun shines (who am I kidding!).
So if you see me in town carrying a massive, heavy shopping bag you’ll know what I’ve been buying.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment