Thursday 10 September 2015

Every Lidl helps

  1. Now I am not unique in my love of Lidl and I may be preaching to the converted but as a fairly recent convert I have had 2 years of shopping joy from the little shop round the corner. I’ve finally become something that is reported on the news, as I’m one of the many people who take great delight and now prefer shopping at Lidl or Aldi and shunning the likes of Tesco and Sainsbury. Robert Peston would have a field day on my shopping likes and dislikes!
    Like with charity shopping, once I buy into something I then rave on and on about it like a raging zealot or a massive bore depending how many times you’ve heard me. I do still shop occasionally in Tesco but whereas before I would potter around, looking at the clothes and taking a look at the various foods and deals on offer, I now find the big supermarkets a bit overwhelming and find I want to be in and out as quickly as possible. Whereas in lovely Lidl it’s always a bit of a thrill (sad but true) to have a look to see what’s there and what may take my fancy. It may not have perfect aisles (the food isn’t packed in crates as my father in law still thinks) but it is a nice shopping experience and somewhere I’m happy to have a mooch around. The variety is ace, the size is perfect and the middle isle – if you already shop there you know what I mean.  The joy of finding something in the ever changing middle, like fabulous ribbon, brogue style wellies and even the odd Christmas present is something I bang on about to whoever is standing within earshot.  
    I was a bit apprehensive about buying meat there but having been reassured by friends that they had in fact won many awards, in I waded and I wasn’t left wanting. I love the fact that there are so many unusual foods and some good brands too. The chocolate is ace – it turns out I have a penchant for cooking chocolate – proper classy me.
     The most surprising thing I have fallen in love with in Lidl is the face cream. I love a bit of anti-wrinkle (at the age of 40 who doesn’t!) and the Lidl own brand is lovely. It doesn’t make me look like Holly Willoughby or Caroline Flack but does but it makes me smile and feel a little bit smug which I think knocks at least 10 years off!
  2. My lovely face cream, can’t beat a bit of anti-wrinkle action x

No comments:

Post a Comment