Thursday 10 September 2015

Personal shopper - charity styleee


  1. Sophie and I started this blog in September and since then we have had lots of feedback and positive comments. The idea behind this was to share our passion for charity shops and our favourite shops and do it in a way that everyone can relate to.
    The biggest thumbs up I’ve had is that my lovely friend Kerry has asked me to be her “personal charity shopper” for want of a better word. Now I’ve known Kerry since my first day at secondary school which makes it nearly 30 years (gulp, gasp, really?!). Kerry and I were in the same form in the first year at Mossley Hollins High School and spend many a morning chatting, singing and reciting all the words from Grease – which was possibly a little annoying to our peers. We’ve grown up a bit since then, we have both been off to Uni, moved around a bit enjoyed our careers and now have a family. Kerry is the mum to three gorgeous boys who keep her pretty busy to say the least.
    It was with this in mind that she asked me to find her a new post baby wardrobe but without going too mad. What a perfect challenge and one I went at with blind enthusiasm. Off to the charity shops I did go without thinking too much about Kerry’s style or what would suit her. I quickly became a bit unstuck, I’m sure after all these years Kerry does like me but does she want to dress like me? Probably not. So I was left standing in British Heart Foundation thinking what colours go best with her colouring? Does she want frocks or jeans? How on earth am I going to buy things which will fit? With three young boys would she really want to have a tulip skirt and a low cut blouse?
    It did take me quite a while to find something that was a goer, a blue straight skirt from M&S – hurrah! Then I was off! So far I’ve been on three or four excursions and bought skirts, dresses and tops in all shapes and styles. I struggle to find trousers for myself so I’ve left them out of my search. It has been great to buy for someone else, our sizes are similar so it widened my view of clothes and what would suit not just me but a good friend. I’ve been a bit braver with my choices, choosing v bright colours and items that would maybe taker Kerry out of her comfort zone. Its been tricky to buy outfits but I’m hoping the items can blend into Kerry’s wardrobe (sounding a bit Gok there!) Kerry has reassured me that she likes the first batch of clothes, I’ve attached some photos of my purchases so far. I’m still on a bit of mission and have loved this experience! Lets see if any of the new additions feature in Kerry’s Christmas wardrobe!
    x

No comments:

Post a Comment