Thursday 10 September 2015

My first trip t’market


The lovely Sophie has been talking to me about visiting the St Neots Thursday market for about 100 years. Apparently there is a stall there which is the outside version of all the charity shops put together. Now the kids are back at school, we made a date and met at the market. I’ve seen this stall from afar and I always thought it was just full of beige slacks and the odd cardi. How wrong can a person be. I must say I was pretty impressed, everything was laid out on rails for short dresses, trousers, jeans, jumpers and even a maxi dress rail too although it was quite high up! There were quite a few people there and some were a little bit elbowy but once I got into my stride I loved it!

It took some rummaging but I managed to find myself (well with a bit of help from Sophie) an amazing stash. My favourite is a lovely Warehouse empire line dress, it’s a 14 so not great for the ego but I can see myself wearing it tomorrow! I also took a bit of a gamble on a brand new strapless Coast top which I love but I’m not sure whether to keep it for one of those big nights out (which now happens about once a quarter rather than once a week) or maybe pop it on a small auction site. I also got an M&S denim pencil skirt which I thought would be great but I’m not sure if it’s a bit too wiggly for me. I’ll try it on again in the morning and see. I also got another strapless top – can you see there’s a bit of a theme here, which was cream with black lace which I thought as a Next 12 would fit me perfectly. Well I was more than wrong there, Gray tried desperately to zip me it, it did fasten but breathing was somewhat tricky. So, do I hang on to it and hope that my extensive fitness regime and diet of wine and Lidl cooking chocolate will get me into it one day or maybe put it on t’internet. Another Next top was a button up see through shirt with some lovely little flowers on it. It fits really well and I know it’ll come in really useful.

So, along with a brief trip to Barnados – everything £2!!! I bought a Reiss bag and four tops – a Coast one which is gorgeous and I’m definitely keeping! So a mistake or two but the vast sum of £21 and I have loads of new clobber. Now, I think I might need to clear out some other bits and move the summer wardrobe out!

Till next time, Ingird xx

No comments:

Post a Comment