Friday 11 September 2015

And the survey says......


Thank you to everyone who has completed our little survey. It has been great to get an idea of other peoples wardrobes and how many peeps like their heels and who prefers their trainers.
My favourite question was the one that asked “What is the most expensive item you have ever bought?” I can’t actually think what to answer for this one, I think it was probably a Hobbs dress for a very good friends wedding which was about £200. This was purchased in the heady days of working on Regent Street and going to lots of weddings!
I do wish though that the survey wasn’t completely anonymous as I would love to know who owns the Jimmy Choo’s, Laboutin and Prada shoes! (Are they size 5 and if so can I borrow them please?!).  Quite a few people mentioned that their most expensive items were bought for weddings. Just goes to show we like to splash out for those big occasions.

When we decided on the survey it was partly to justify our own buying but it would seem both Sophie and I have the similar amount of clothes compared to lots of others. This will be used in future conversations with peeps who suggest I need a clear out…..

I would say that many of you like your flats and trainers more than your heels, I wonder if I’d asked the question 10 years ago whether that would still have been to case. We all like a frock for going out which does go with your favourite heels (once the cobwebs have been blown off if you’re anything like me!). The one question which did surprise me was that 50% of respondents had 5 or less pairs of jeans. I think I mentioned I have about 12. Maybe it’s a sign I should get rid of the ones I’m unlikely to get in again, well maybe not….
It would seem that the skirt is not that popular these days, maybe all those tops you have are to go with your jeans? Who knows.


One thing we all agree on is that we don’t like to give things away, even if they are not being worn. A whopping 88% of peeps said they have clothes which they don’t wear but can’t bear to part with. As a big fan of charity shops I suppose I should be disappointed but I'm actually delighted to be surrounded by fellow hoarders!!


No comments:

Post a Comment