Thursday 10 September 2015

How many do you have?


Sophie has inspired me to write about a question that has been brewing with me for a few weeks. Sophie is now renowned for her love of the cardigan and her Imelda Marcos number of them. It made me think whether we are the norm and whether people (well women) have large number of their favourite things. With me, its jeans, white trainers (as my husband kindly documented on Facebook) and frocks – I have one for every occasion and some for no occasions at all.
It would be great if you could help me with this question by answering a few questions. None of them are particularly taxing but they may involve you heading to your wardrobe and having a sneaky peak.  
My husband often says have too many of all of these and questions my purchases every time I get home from a bit of charity shopping. “Do you need another jacket?” “That’s nice is it new? haven’t you already got one like that?” are often the queries I get. I normally bat them off with “well it was only £4 and its John Rocha” or he heard this one a lot “Its an L K Bennett dress and it was only £9!!!” well I think everyone I know heard me say that about 400 times.
I did have a bit of a clear out when my skirt collection hit 13! I’ve decided I need to recycle a bit more and clear out my wardrobe a bit. Yes only a bit. I’m still hard pressed to release my hold on my 8 pairs of jeans, I have black ones for going out (too long unless I’m wearing heels) my gardening jeans (worn twice a year), my January jeans which are a bit big and v comfy for the heavier beginning of the year and my lovely skinny jeans which I never thought I would like but now love.
I also have countless pairs of feet munching heels, I don’t wear heels as much as I used to but I love having a choice when I do go out. This often depends how much standing up I will be doing, whether any dancing or walking will be involved. As for my trainers, well they are just ace. Oh and did I mention my ballet pumps too?
So how many is enough? I’ll let you know when the survey results come in. And yes, I will be saying “And the survey says!”
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment