Thursday 10 September 2015

A proper decadent week

  1. Photo taken by an 8 year old - not bad!
  2. Now this doesn’t happen to me very often, but this week I’ve been lucky enough to be invited to two amazing sporting occasions. No not the Oldham Athletic pre season friendlies but bona fide proper nice ones – Wimbledon and Ascot! I write this on the day in between, I saw the amazing Roger Federer play yesterday and yes I now have a ridiculous mum crush on the Fed – ahhh swoon! Anyway I digress.
    This is a far cry from my normal week of school runs, swimming lessons, a bit of Rock Choir and a lot of sewing and jewellery making. So can you imagine my excitement of going to Wimbledon but then came – what to wear!! I wanted to look nice but of course sensible (I now sound like my mum), the Blighty weather looked like it was going to play games so the chance of wearing a floaty dress went out of the window. I love my white jeans and wear them a lot and they seemed to fit the bill. I chose a top from our swishing night which came from my friends mother in law and my free – yes free coat! I got this little belter from Salvation Army and redeemed my loyalty card so got it completely free! Well I say that, I had already spent £40 in the space of about 3 weeks but it felt free anyway. Coupled with one of my many white converse trainers (for those who’ve seen my facebook page you know I have a few….) I was off to that London.  
    It was a lovely day out, a bit of a picnic, quite a lot of Pimms, a lot of delight watching the crowd and some fantastic tennis. 
    The update on my trip to the races will be in our next blog post with a full description of the best dress I have ever bought! Lets hope the frock looks good and I have a few winners! 

No comments:

Post a Comment