Thursday 10 September 2015

40 and wearing shorts – what was I thinking?

It was recently our Rock Choir summer party. These do’s are always really good fun and mostly very boozy. This years theme was 4th July, so, red white and blue with a bit of line dancing to boot, I couldn’t wait! Although I’m not a fan of fancy dress, I do like to dress up so a bit of a country and western outfit was a proper charity shopping challenge.
I am a massive fan of red so this wasn’t a problem, I soon bought a checked shirt featuring all colours but soon realised it was actually a bit small – a theme which then continued. I was really keen to buy myself some cowboy boots but it turns out even second hand proper ones are a bit beyond what I wanted to spend.
I think I had an idea in mind that I would look like Daisy Duke from Dukes of Hazard but in reality I was more likely to look like Grandma Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies.
So my search continued, I popped into the Cats Protection League charity shop and stumbled across a fab red and white checked shirt, albeit a small mans, I thought I’d be able to tie it in the middle and it would be just the ticket. Now here is where I went really racy. I bought shorts. Yes real life short shorts, pins out and everything. I was nearly there, I put it all together with a cowboy hat I already owned and it actually looked ok. Well the shirt didn’t quite tie, in fact it didn’t really fasten and I do wonder how small a man who shops in Topman actually is. The shorts looked ok (once a bucket of fake tan had been applied) and I wore a pair of white wedges and away we go. It turns out Line dancing is brilliant fun well once I’d figured out how to do it! The shoes didn’t stay on for long and were replaced with one of my many pairs of converse.
Yet again Charity shops have helped me out and my outfit was a success. Norfolk be warned, I may well be getting my pins out again as I’m now quite attached to my shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment