Thursday 10 September 2015

Anna - part 2


In my last post I talked about how bad I am at clothes shopping and that Ingrid and Sophie had invited me to go shopping with them. Well I went shopping with the Prudent Pair and I am back to talk about my experiences. I went with a very open mind and this is how I got on… I am a vlogger myself so I talk about my experience in the below video and also share what I purchased…

As soon as we stepped into the first shop Ingrid was in there, rummaging through the rails. First off was the dresses. I would never start with the dresses in a million years. In any shop. Unless going to a weeding! So a rummaging fest provided a very nice black dress from Wallace. I thought it was cute but not something I would wear but I was encouraged to try it on and I am so glad I did as I fell in love with it. I think sometimes other people know you better than you know yourself and can see something really working on you whereas you might not see it for yourself. Your own inner critic can pipe up at times whereas a friend will tell you if they think it looks good or not.

I came out of the first shop with a bag full of items. A success already. We went into every single shop and some were better than others. I was very surprised by one very sparce shop to find a brand new Next top with tags still on. Of course I bought it, I love it! Oxfam was a bit of a ‘jumble sale’ a right mess and really difficult to look for things. Other shops it was just like shopping in a 'normal shop’. Items were grouped together in type and then size. In Oxfam it was a free for all. I am glad we went in there last rather than first otherwise I would have been really put off. I found less as I went on but I was still incredibly happy with all of my purchases.

I did amazingly! I know this is all stuff we probably should know already but here is what I learnt on my trip:

  • You have to be open minded ­ Don’t go expecting to find a particular item for a particular purpose, just be open to what you may find.
  • Things are inexpensive so buy that dress for the function that doesn’t yet exist. You will be glad you did when an invite lands on the door mat.
  • If you like it get it, things are one off and are likely not to be there the next time you go in.
  • Be open to different sizes. Different brands differ so be open to going up or down the scale.
  • Check the item over for condition.
  • Try things on! Don’t be deterred by how it looks on the hanger.
  • You don’t feel guilty about buying tons of stuff because it doesn’t cost that much!
I thoroughly enjoyed my shopping trip and thoroughly reccommend a trip with the Prudent Pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment