Thursday 10 September 2015

Making a million from E-Bay – I wish…

 I’m a bit of a label fiend when it comes to charity shopping as I love feeling that I’ve got an amazing bargain whether it’s a Coast top for £4 or a coat for £2 (yes I am still going on about it!). I’m not averse to buying a bit of Primark but the feeling I get when I snaffle a fab top for under a fiver cannot be topped.
There is a bit of a downside to this label chasing as it has resulted in a few shopping mistakes. I’ve bought a few tops and the odd dress that really haven’t fitted or looked very good. What to do with these items? Now I’ve struggled with the morality of this but I thought I’d have a go at selling these items on EBay. My rationale is that I will then spend my spoils in the same charity shops so we are all winners.
Well, lots of people are a whizz on EBay and make an amazing amount of money on it. I was keen just to cover my costs (well there was a bit of me hoping to make a small fortune – I was deluded).
As it turns out, I’m not very good on EBay, when I’m buying I’m a genius but selling I’m properly clueless. I posted about four things, got the price in place, the description done and the photos were brilliant! However, without realising, I managed to fix the end time to be half way through the X Factor results. Doh!
The hassle of the packaging and the fear that someone won’t receive their item or they won’t like it and complain meant I had sleepless nights. What a lot of angst for the grand sum of £11 for all four items! I didn’t cover my costs and felt like a Scrooge like fool! So far everyone has been happy with his or her purchases and I like to think they’ve got a blooming’ good deal much like i thought i had. Its fair to say I will just have to be more careful in my initial purchases and anything I don’t wear will be donated straight back to the shop, where I should have sent it in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment