Friday 30 October 2015

Dress Agency – my new favourite thing?

With it being half term we have been away to sunny Norfolk and also headed to the frozen north. Spending lots of time with the family is ace but pretty full on in our house. It was therefore a nice surprise to find myself at a bit of a loose end on a Friday afternoon, what to do. Well obviously a bit of shopping was in order so the trainee shopper (nearly 7 year old daughter) and I headed to the small market town of Wetherby with a bit of a plan. I'd been told about a new ish dress agency run by the In-laws neighbour so I had to go and have a look - be rude not to.
The sun was out, we found a scooter to propel the young one into town and we were off. I wasn’t sure what to expect but a bit of a quiet shopping I was quite excited. We arrived at “Practically Perfect” and I immediately loved it. Not only was it small and quirky with a brilliant spiral staircase and there was a massive range of designer handbags that were just lovely and very tempting. The lady who was working there was so nice; she made a fuss of the trainee shopper and was v nice and chatty – such a lovely northern trait. I soon got carried away, the fur coats weren’t really my thing but the red Coast coat definitely was. There were plenty of good names from Whistles, to Hobbs and the odd bit of Burberry - all a bit swish but all pretty affordable.
The shop sells on behalf of individuals and takes a cut, EBay with a front door. The stock moves pretty quickly and anything that doesn’t sell immediately gets a second chance (or third?) upstairs. I could have stayed for hours and bought plenty but I was aware that the trainee shopper can only be kept quiet with so many sweets and time on You Tube. So I bought myself the Coast coat, which at £38 was a bit above my normal price point but it’s gorgeous and I felt frivolous. I also got a little black skirt from M&S for £6 so a nice little haul.
It did make me wonder whether I should try and sell some bits and bobs through such a dress agency but with my luck with EBay I’m not so sure.

I might just need another trip back to look at those lovely handbags again though.


No comments:

Post a Comment