Friday 16 October 2015

A dress inspired by Corrie?

I don’t know about you but I am known to have a bit of a gawp at other peoples outfits and try to emulate them. As I write this I am wearing a pair of red skinny jean which make me look a bit like the posh one off Gogglebox but without the Gin. Yes I know, sad but true. I look to many places to get ideas on what to wear, I rarely read magazines so being super fashionable isn’t really my thing but I do look to the TV, high street shops and other people to find my inspiration.

Now those who know me will know I’m not exactly edgy in my style and I’m pretty mainstream but I do like to look at different things every now and then. For example, I own a fabulous green skirt (from Salvation Army) made by a designer in Turkey which I love but I lack the cool edge to really pull it off. I’ve not quite made it to a Jean Paul Gaultier like Sophie but I do own a rather spectacular pair of purple knee length boots which would look fab if they fastened and I didn’t look like a middle aged Super hero whilst wearing them.


I do watch a lot of telly so I have been known to try to wear something a bit sparkly on a Monday after a weekend marathon of Strictly Come Dancing. One staple watch in our house is Coronation Street, I’d even say it’s a family favourite. My husband and I have always been big fans and I do sometimes worry about the story lines and the characters (poor Tyrone and Fizz) but I never thought my going out outfit would be influenced by one of the characters. Now, who on earth do you think I mean? I’ve often think that I could pull off the Carla Connor look and I do look forward to ageing like Rita or Audrey but in this case it was the one and only Liz McDonald. I kid you not. I bought a dress from Banardos inspired by this very special Landlady who does have some somewhat unorthodox outfits. It was the way the arms were cut that attracted me, have a look and see what you think, I will hopefully be serving in the Rovers very soon. X


No comments:

Post a Comment