Thursday 5 March 2015

So here we are!
Intro
We are Ingrid and Sophie, two friends who live in St Neots, Cambs who have a shared love of charity shops and finding a bargain. In this blog we hope to share this with you.
We’re not the types to keep our bargain hunting a secret. If someone compliments us on our dress/top/bag we won’t just say “thank you” but will have to follow it with “It was £1.99 from a charity shop you know”.
We decided to do this blog together as though in some ways we’re very similar – sense of humour, bluntness, in looks and style we are very different. We thought it would make things more interesting. Let’s see.
Sophie on Ingrid
I’ve never seen Ingrid not looking nice which, considering I see her first thing in the morning on the school run, is saying something. She’s one of those people who look effortlessly smart and stylish.
It was my idea for us to write a bit about each other’s “look” as the way we see ourselves and how others see us can be completely different. But now as I come to write it I’m struggling. Not because I can’t think of anything nice to say, I only have good things to say, but because it’s a hard thing to define.
Ingrid wears a lot of different stuff, jeans, skirts, dresses, leggings, yet she still has a distinctive style. I think this is down to her use of colour. She’s very good at knowing what colours suit her, and this was even before she had her colours done. She wears strong, bold colours and also black and white. I’ve even seen her in an all white outfit which she managed to keep clean!
The thing I admire most about Ingrid’s style is her use of accessories. She’s not just a jeans and a top kind of girl, obviously, she does wear jeans and a top but she’d always team it with a striking piece of jewellery or an eye catching scarf which can really make an outfit. I think people would say that scarves are “very Ingrid”.
I’d say that Ingrid stands out from the crowd in her dress sense for all the right reasons, never looking over the top, but like she’s put some thought into an outfit. If I didn’t know better I would think that she spent a lot of money on her clothes, which just goes to show, if you don’t tell people it’s from a charity shop, they’ll never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment